With our partner, Global Geckos, we offer one of the largest and most beautiful collection of reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates in the UK for macro photography. All our animals we use for our macro photography workshops are captive bred and are used to being handled.
Our macro photography workshop is aimed at anybody with an interest in photography and animals. No previous experience is required for this workshop and it’s limited to a maximum of only three guests to ensure all participants have ample time to get the picture they are after. You will be able to photograph between 12 and 16 species in our studio on the day.
This workshop operates on a minimum of two guests.
A sandwich lunch and refreshments are included.
What to bring
A DSLR or a mirrorless camera with a standard hot shoe and a macro lens works best. For a crop sensor camera body we recommend a lens with a minimum focal length of 60mm and for a full frame camera body we recommend a lens with a minimum focal length of 90mm. If you don’t own a camera or a macro lens and would love to do one of our workshops, we highly recommend www.lensesforhire.co.uk We have a 10% discount code for you CHAMELEON2017.
A tripod is too cumbersome to use in the studio, you could bring a monopod if you prefer. Please ensure the batteries of your camera are fully charged, we do have power points for additional charging throughout the day. Also remember to bring plenty of memory cards as it’s surprising how many pictures you will take.
Our studio is fully equipped, we use the awesome Profoto D2 lights, various modifiers, props and backgrounds.
At our studio in Frimley, GU16 9BL, near Camberley in Surrey.
09:45 Arrival (coffee/tea)
10:30 Session 1
12:30 Lunch (included)
13:15 Session 2
15:30 Session 3
16:30 Wrap up and close
animals GENERALLY available
- Frogs (Red Eyed Tree Frog, Vietnamese Mossy Frog, Snowflake Whites Tree Frog, Blue Poison Dart Frog and the Hourglass Frog)
- Lizards (various Chameleons, various Gecko’s, Cuban False Chameleon, Ridge Tailed Monitor, Eastern Casquehead Iguana and many more)
- Snakes (Corn snakes, King snakes, Boa’s, Hognose and Royal Python)
- Spiders (Mexican Red Knee Tarantula, Brazilian Giant White Knee Tarantula, Brazilian Black Tarantula, Martinique Pink Toe Tarantula and the Sazimai Blue Tarantula)
- Other Invertebrates (Praying Mantis, Burmese Millipede and the Desert Hairy Scorpion)
All animals are handled by Chameleon Photography dedicated handlers only and we take great care to ensure a safe environment for both our animals and workshop participants, including respecting any dislikes or phobias.
Please contact us if you have supported needs or dietary requirements/allergies.